In determination not to let the snow stop my fun, I’ve been on a bit of Christmas cook off this weekend & have another ‘simple-ish’ recipe to share courtesy of the Tesco magazine.
|Christmas Biscuit Baubles & Stars|
Christmas Biscuit Baubles & Stars
- Makes 20ish
- Takes 1 hour to prepare
- 30 mins chilling
- 12 mins cooking
- & overnight to set
- 1 lemon, zested & juiced
- 100g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 175g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 egg yolk
- 500g Royal Icing sugar
- Red food colouring – or in my case blue & yellow mixed together to make green!
- Silver balls to decorate
- Preheat over to 180 degrees.
- Put the lemon zest, butter, sugar & flour in a food processor & blend to fine crumbs.
- Add the egg yolk & 1 tablespoon lemon juice & blend for a few seconds.
- Gather dough into a ball and chill for 30 minutes.
- Lightly dust a work surface with flour & roll out the dough to the thickness of a £1 coin.
- Using a round cutter (or rim end of a glass!) and star cutter – cut out star/circle shapes & place on a oiled baking tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until just golden at the edges. Leave for 10 minutes before removing from the tray to cool.
- Make up the royal icing following the instructions on the pack. Put half in a separate bowl & add a little more water to give a pouring consistency – colour as desired & put in an airtight containers until needed.
- Put the thicker icing in a piping bag (sandwich bag works well!) & design to your heart’s content adding silver balls as you go along.
- Leave to set overnight & voila your Christmas biscuits are ready to serve.