Last night I watched Breakfast at Tiffany’s (BAT’s)for the first time ever and without sounding too cheesy it was totally spellbinding and not in a Harry Potter way. I’m still thinking about it now, 24 hours on – which is rarity for a film from the 21st century. I’m also not sure why I’ve never watched it before. So, my fellow readers – I urge you to watch one of the most beautiful films ever made in the 60s starring the most magical actress of our time Audrey Hepburn.
|Breakfast at Tiffany’s film cover|
Here’s 10 reasons why I recommend you watch Breakfast at Tiffany’s:
1. Audrey Hepburn – she’s mesmerising as call girl/social lite Holly Golightly, capturing your attention in every scene she appears in with her a certain ‘je ne sais quoi’ about her with a charming, irreverence and vivacious persona.
|The vivacious Audrey Hepburn|
2. The opening scene of Holly eating pastries outside Tiffany’s.
3. The fashion – Holly’s wardrobe is to die for, every outfit is a celebration to the fashion industry.
4. That Givenchy black dress – it’s worth a point on its own.
5. Pearls – every girl needs pearls in their life after watching BAT’s.
6. The make up – natural and flawless, the kohl eyes do all the talking.
7. Smoking – I don’t endorse smoking, but Audrey Hepburn just makes it look so god damn cool. There’s even a 3ft cigarette holder in one hilarious party scene.
8. Moon River – which I thought was a famous song because Andy Williams sang it, was actually written by Johnny Mercer and Henry Mancini for BAT’s and is sung by Audrey Hepburn.
9. ‘Fred baby’ Paul Varjak – the gorgeous writer who is always there for Holly and gets his girl in the end. A proper man’s man.
10. Cat – Poor cat, poor slob without a name – he actually has a good ending!
|Paul, Holly and Cat = one happy ending!|