So the next cake request from my work colleagues was for a marbled chocolate loaf. I actually ended up coming across a recipe for Marbled Chocolate Cupcakes which looked really straight forward to make, so here it is….
Serves 12 in muffin cases
- 175g soft margarine
- 175g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 175g self raising flour
- 2 tbsp milk
- 55g melted chocolate (I used Green & Blacks Dark Choc)
- Put 12 muffin cases in a muffin pan
- Put the margarine, sugar, eggs, flour & milk in a large bowl & use an electric hand whisk, beat together until smooth. Tip: to stop the flour going up in a white cloud I used my hands to mix the sugar, marg & flour first, before adding the wet ingredients.
- Divide the mixture between 2 bowls. Add the melted chocolate (melt for 45 seconds in the microwave) & stir together until well mixed. Using a teaspoon alternatie the chocolate mixture with the plain mixture, put four teaspoons into each muffin case.
- Bake the cupcakes in a preheated oven 180C for 20 minutes or until well risen & springy to touch. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Enjoy with a cuppa tea!
|Marbled Chocolate Cupcakes|
Verdict – yum scrum!