Now the Great British Bake Off has ended, I don’t feel embarrassed to blog my recipes again.
So, here’s a really simple one which basically involves using up over ripe bananas!
- 4oz butter
- 6oz sugar (granulated/caster/mix in some demerara)
- 8oz self raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 large or 3 medium very ripe bananas
- Heat the oven to 180C
- Grease a loaf tin
- Mash the bananas with a fork
- Cream the butter and sugar together and mix in the eggs in a separate bowl
- Mix together the two yellow sludges
- Mix in the flour
- Scrape into the loaf tin and bake for 40mins then lower the temperature to 150C and cook for a further 30mins.
And voila! I wonder if Mary Berry would approve?
Mmmm, yummy banana cake
And the verdict: Well the boys & me demolished the whole cake at work in one day.
Talking Great British Bake Off, my fave was Holly Bell who’s website & recipes I love http://www.recipesfromanormalmum.com/ You can also follow her on Twitter @hollybellmummy