Nope, I’m not talking about some brrr cold festi in Iceland, although that would have been jolly nice – but the Relentless Freeze Festival at Battersea Power Station. What an epic weekend! If you’ve no idea what I’m babbling about check it out the website http://www.relentlessfreeze.com/ and read my top moments from Freeze this year!
|Battersea Power Station – great back drop|
Here are my Top 10 reasons why I loved Freeze:
1. Shopping – a retail village with everything from skis, ski hats, ski jackets to ski holiday’s – everything you need to get yourself sorted for the winter season ahead. Plus, I picked up a pretty lush Nikita Jacket at a billy bargain price from the Freeze Pro Shop.
|Loving my new Flying Saucer jacket by Nikita|
2. One Piece – discovering the ultimate lounge wear must have and enjoying trying it on in public?!
|Having fun at the One Piece stand|
3. War and Piste – meeting the author Alex Thomas bantering about seasons, the first ski company she worked for and who we knew from the mountain… all top secret of course!
|The book every newbie seasonnaire should read|
4. Ostrich – tried my first Ostrich burger, which at £7.50 was worth every penny!
5. Tuaca – a rather yummy vanilla citrus liqueur which goes down well with coke.
6. Desperados – no ski winter event is complete without a Desperado, which left me feeling warm and fuzzy.
7. Kangol Bar – discovering some funky tunes and chilling out before the big acts in the Main Tent.
8. The Streets – ‘mental’ pretty much sums up their last London performance. The crowd were on one in more ways than one and Mike Skinner did not disappoint.
|Mike Skinner doing his thing!|
9. Big air – well, that’s what the whole festival centres around, big slope, big jump and big air = awesome!
|Brave or mad?|
10. Good vibes – which is what you get when you mix a load of snow loving bums, some après drinks and good tunes.
Festival rating = 8/10