Oh gawd how is it nearly the end of December & almost the final sunset for 2016?
Although to be fair I think most people will be glad to see the back of this year, myself included. Anyhow, it’s that time of year again to reflect & set new resolutions for the year ahead. I was almost going to shun it this year. Sometimes just the thought of making resolutions starts to make me panic.
Last year I posted my 2016 resolutions in January & set 5 goals, some I did better on than others:
- Read more. I haven’t kept count exactly, but definitely think it’s less than 10 which is pretty poor. I’ve started using the Goodreads app, so hopefully this will keep me on track for 2017.
- Eat healthier. I got off to such a great start at the beginning of the year full of vigour with my shiny new nutribullet, tea detoxes, piloxing & I even attended a Vitality Brunch event. It was all so healthy that it actually made me sick before my holiday. So, everything needs to be done within moderation. That said a Maccie D’s every week is probably not ideal for the bikini body.
- Learn to use my DSLR & photograph more. Well, I acquired my dream camera the Olympus Pen in February which looks oh so pretty, but sadly I just haven’t done it justice. I did switch phones from the iPhone 6 to the Samsung Galaxy Edge 7 which I must admit does trump the iPhone & has upped my Instagram game (becky_wren)
- Have more adventures. Yep, going on a girls surf camp to Morocco was my big adventure & a weekend away SUP’ing at Lake Wimbleball was pretty awesome too. I also bought a second hand SUP & been out paddle boarding a few times this winter.
- Blog more. Hmm… yes, I know, this one didn’t quite happen. Again I started off full of excitement, stacks of ideas & then I started a new job at the end of March. And everything just kind of got busy & I fell out of sync with writing for me & worrying about pleasing everyone else.
So what does 2017’s resolutions look like?
I was reading the lovely Louise Croft’s post over at Pauper to Princess where she used a template from blogger Secret Owl & it gave me some inspiration to do something a little bit different. This template has more of a laid back thought provoking approach rather than setting hard hitting goals which set you up to fail.
So, here’s a snap shot of my 2017 resolutions. It’s a real mix of actions & feelings.
I won’t go through all of them, but here’s a few that stand out:
- Organise – I’m pretty chuffed as I’ve already KonMari the hell out of my office this afternoon & finally de-cluttered some boxes from a previous company I left 2 and half years ago! Plans are already in play for doing up my ensuite & the garage needs a rainy day to declutter my old school & Uni files.
- Gain – a new job. Yep, my secondment in PR & Social Media comes to an end in March & it will be on to the next adventure – whatever that might be, which is kind of exciting & daunting.
- Travel to – I’m hoping by putting Sri Lanka in writing is a step closer for Dan & I to actually go either later this year or for New Year. It will definitely be an adventure & will help me with my other goals of improving my surf / SUP skills.
- Do less – stressing & worrying what others think! This applies to my parents, friends & work colleagues. I’m a typical cancerian & take things to heart & stress about what people say or think for far too long. Hopefully with ‘doing more’ yoga will help me find some inner peace & stress less.
- Practice – always! I had the horses in mind when I thought of this one, but it applies to everything. Even when I go for a quick ride up the road you need to be ‘on it’ & working the horse in the right outline, thinking about your position etc. It goes for any sport, work, & blogging. I guess we’re always learning & practicing, as one day one of those pipe dreams might just come true.
Have you had a chance to think about your New Year’s resolutions for 2017? I’d love to hear them & find out how you got on with your goals from this year.