The lovely folk from country/equestrian fashion brand Rydale got in touch back in January to see if I’d like to review one of their products.
I have fond memories of visiting their busy trade stand at Badminton Horse Trials. It’s always heaving for a reason, as there is so much variety, great styles, all at amazing prices which won’t break the bank – unlike many country/equestrian brands out there. Go check out their website if you haven’t paid them a visit before.
Of course, I said yes, especially after spending a few weeks getting wet to the bone training Leo & Barley. And with a blog titled Country Bumpkin Chic, it only felt right that the item reflected my personality & I could genuinely put to the test. So, it was fitting that they sent the Ripon III Equestrian Jacket in a brightly coloured pacific blue, & a bargain at just £45. [gifted]
Country bumpkin happiness
During February I put the jacket to the test with the horses: mucking out, riding out & leading them to the field.
Here’s 6 reasons why I love the Ripon III:
- Stylish. It’s lovely to put a jacket on & actually, feel fashionable & not frumpy. The buttons, zip, a flash of silver fabric, leather patch & logo all finish the jacket off in a stylish way.
- Detail. The zips are hidden away by the jacket fabric & have very small toggles. Which is a huge must around my horses, as I’ve lost many a toggle due to a playful horse.
- Snug & Cosy. The soft fleece inner is super cosy & on a few occasions, I just needed one base layer when out riding.
- Vibrant. I love the pacific blue colour & will definitely make me stand out at a competition. Always helpful for when my parents can’t find me warming up! The Ripon III also comes in: Bark, Navy, Berry, Emerald, Cherry & Iron – so lots of colours to suit your personality.
- Waterproof. It goes without saying. It’s also very windproof & I recently used the foldaway hood to protect my cheeks from wind burn on a recent wintery ride. & the collar is lovely & padded & kept my neck warm when I forgot my snood on a post-snow ride.
- Great value for money. At £45 this is a bargain of a jacket. Many a time I’ve spent £75+ on a waterproof jacket which hasn’t been as hard wearing.
And there’s only 1 thing I wasn’t sure about:
- Elasticated waist. When riding the horses, I found the elasticated waist would ride up my back. It was fine when walking around the stables & leading the horses to their field. I usually prefer a toggled waist – I guess it’s just personal preference. Perhaps it could be one to add to the list for the next update 😊
As I said it’s a very stylish jacket which comes in an array of colours, & very different to some on the market, & at £45 it’s a real purse pleasing price & will definitely become my go-to jacket for when the weather gets chilly again! Although I’m hoping the recent sunshine is here to stay.
Here are some snaps of the Rippon III in action.
Alfie helping with the unboxing
Alfie thought there might be some treats for him too.
Super stylish, vibrant colour & neat zips
Side zip ideal for polo treats or house/field key
Faux leather patch to up the style stakes
Does my bum look big in this?
Lovely detailing on the collar, including some subtle Rydale branding
Goes well with tweed accessories
Or even a colourful scarf to switch it up from hanging out with horses to hanging out with friends
Leo approved of the look in the snow
Leo tried & failed to grab hold of the zips – that’s a winner for me!
Products featured in the photos:
- Rydale Ripon III Equestrian Jacket [gifted]
- Noble Outfitters Soft Shell Riding Pants
- Noble Outfitters Riding Socks / Over the Calf Peddies
- Mackenzie & George Badminton Belt
- New Look Black Tee
- HiHo Silver Bee Necklace
- Joules Spotty Scarf
- Fairfax & Favor Cap
- Dubarry Clare Boots
- Tweed Head Band – from Olympia
- Tartan Rug – Sample Sale
Do you have the Ripon III equestrian jacket? And what other Rydale products are you loving right now?